Assistant Teaching Professor for Neuroscience and Behavior
University of Notre Dame: College of Science
Dec 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time
The College of Science at the University of Notre Dame invites applications for a full-time teaching faculty position to support the Neuroscience and Behavior (NSBH) undergraduate major. Appointment within an appropriate Department will be determined by the candidate’s area of expertise. We seek an individual capable of assuming a leadership role in the College's nationally recognized undergraduate programs, who is committed to excellence in teaching and mentoring undergraduate students, and who has a demonstrated awareness of the importance of diversity and inclusive practices in education.
- Assuming leadership of the introductory neuroscience and behavior laboratory course that serves all NSBH majors.
- Developing two upper-level experiential learning elective courses in the candidate's area of expertise, with the goal of expanding students’ content depth and technical skills in the areas of behavioral and molecular/cellular neuroscience.
- Contributing to the continued development of the NSBH undergraduate students and faculty network.
The candidate should have a PhD in neuroscience, and experience with animal behavioral, cellular, and molecular approaches. Post-doctoral experience/training is desired, but not required for consideration. Teaching experience at the college level is necessary.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- PhD-level expertise spanning the disciplines of behavioral, cellular, and molecular neuroscience.
- Demonstrated teaching excellence (e.g., prior teaching experience, use of evidence-based practices).
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.